According to officials, a generator placed inside a home in New Orleans East resulted in the suspected carbon monoxide poisoning death of a 3-month-old girl. According to the New Orleans Police Department, the occurrence took place on Friday, October 27th, specifically on the 4400 block of Cessna Court.
According to the police, toxic fumes were released inside the home due to the placement of the generator, as the home had no power supply. The mother realized she wasn’t feeling well around 7:21 a.m. and found her 3-month-old daughter unresponsive. She acted quickly by calling 911.
The child couldn’t be revived by emergency responders and was declared dead at the scene. Upon suspicion of carbon monoxide poisoning, the hospital quickly admitted the mother and her two other children, aged 13 and 7. According to the police, the mother involved in the incident is not being charged and the authorities have deemed it as a “tragic accident.”
- Doctor ex kidnaps and kills nursing student in murder-suicide spanning 3 states
- JonBenet Ramseys father promises to be ‘Boulder Police’s worst enemy’ if his daughter’s killer kills more
- A Labor Day shooting on Eastern Boulevard kills one person and injures another
- A fatal collision on Pembroke’s Route 5 kills a Batavia woman and critically injures two others