Get the latest breaking news and top headlines from Fox News with just a click. Stay informed about the latest happenings in the world by visiting Foxnews.com.
On Friday, officials from the parks department announced that numerous sections of the Lake Mead National Recreation Area in Nevada were closed temporarily. The reason for the closure was the discovery of “high levels of fecal bacteria” in Arizona Hot Springs.
According to the National Park Service (NPS), several areas will be closed temporarily. These areas include the hot springs, Arizona Hot Springs Trail, and the White Rock Canyon parking lot on Highway 93.
The authorities are diligently striving to enhance the quality of water in the coming days. They plan to reopen the affected areas only when the water quality meets the safety standards set by the federal and state authorities.
The National Park Service (NPS) is urging the public to adhere to the leave-no-trace principles, which require the responsible disposal of trash and human waste (feces). “This is a reminder,” NPS emphasized.
A camper and a motorcycle were involved in a crash in Death Valley National Park, and a tarantula on the road has been blamed for the accident.
On Friday, it was announced by parks officials that Arizona Hot Springs, Arizona Hot Springs Trail, and the White Rock Canyon parking lot were temporarily closed at Lake Mead National Recreation Area due to the detection of high levels of fecal bacteria. This news comes after concerns were raised about the safety of visitors to the area.
Hikers often flock to Arizona Hot Springs, a beloved destination in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Visitors were reminded by officials to adhere to the leave-no-trace guidance, which includes carrying out both trash and human waste. In September, Lake Mead National Recreation Area issued a warning about the presence of Naegleria fowleri, a brain-eating amoeba, in the hot springs located below the Hoover Dam.
A portion of North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Parkway has been closed due to visitors having close contact with bears. According to the spokesperson, this amoeba can cause a severe infection that leads to symptoms such as a sudden and intense headache, fever, and vomiting. It enters the body through the nose and can be fatal.
- Kansas authorities arrest two men suspected of trafficking people from Arizona
- Unregulated imaging center’s MRI machine traps Arizona inmate and prison guard
- Over $1 million in fentanyl and meth has been seized in an Arizona drug bust