According to a 2023 study by PropertyClub, the worst city in Colorado is Sheridan. It is a small city located in Arapahoe County, just south of Denver. Sheridan has a population of just over 6,000 people, but it has a total crime rate that is 375% higher than the national average. The most common types of crime in Sheridan are burglary, theft, and assaults.
Sheridan has a number of factors that contribute to its high crime rate, including:
- Poverty: Sheridan has a poverty rate of over 20%, which is significantly higher than the state average.
- Unemployment: Sheridan has an unemployment rate of over 6%, which is also significantly higher than the state average.
- Lack of opportunity: Sheridan is a relatively small city with a limited number of job opportunities. This can lead to people turning to crime as a way to make ends meet.
The Sheridan Police Department is working to address the city’s crime problem. The department has implemented a number of community policing initiatives, and it is working with other community organizations to develop programs to address the root causes of crime, such as poverty and lack of opportunity.
Here is a more detailed breakdown of the crime rate in Sheridan:
- Violent crime rate: 449 incidents per 100,000 people (national average: 379 incidents per 100,000 people)
- Property crime rate: 7,669 incidents per 100,000 people (national average: 3,932 incidents per 100,000 people)
The most common violent crimes in Sheridan are aggravated assault and robbery. The most common property crimes are burglary and theft.
There are a number of factors that may contribute to the high crime rate in Sheridan. One factor is the city’s proximity to Denver. Sheridan is located just south of Denver, and it is possible that some criminals are commuting from Denver to commit crimes in Sheridan. Another factor may be the city’s relatively small population. Small cities can be more vulnerable to crime because they have fewer resources to devote to law enforcement and crime prevention.
The Sheridan Police Department is working to address the city’s crime problem. The department has implemented a number of initiatives, including community policing programs and increased patrols in high-crime areas. However, more needs to be done to reduce the crime rate in Sheridan.
Here are some tips for staying safe in Sheridan:
- Be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to avoid becoming a victim of crime.
- Lock your doors and windows when you are not home.
- Do not leave valuables in your car.
- Be careful when walking alone at night.
- If you see something suspicious, report it to the police.
If you are a victim of crime in Sheridan, report it to the police immediately. The police can investigate the crime and help you to recover your property. You may also be eligible for victim compensation.
However, it is important to note that Sheridan is still a relatively safe city. The crime rate is concentrated in certain areas of the city, and there are many safe and vibrant neighborhoods in Sheridan.
- This City Was Just Named As The Highest Drug Consuming in the Ohio State
- This City Has Been Named the Worst City to live in Rhode island
- This City is Named As The Worst City to live in Virginia
- This City in Washington Was Just Named One of the “ugliest city” in the Entire Country