According to a 2023 study by OnlyInYourState, the worst city in Rhode Island is Central Falls. It has the highest population density in the state and a violent crime rate that is more than twice the state average. Property crime is also a problem in Central Falls, with a rate slightly higher than the state average.
Central Falls is a small city in Providence County, Rhode Island. It is the most densely populated city in the state, with over 19,000 people living in an area of just over one square mile.
Central Falls has a long history of poverty and crime. The city’s crime rate is more than twice the state average, and its violent crime rate is one of the highest in the country. Property crime is also a problem in Central Falls, with a rate that is slightly higher than the state average.
There are a number of factors that contribute to the high crime rate in Central Falls. One factor is the city’s high poverty rate. Nearly 40% of Central Falls residents live below the poverty line. Poverty is often associated with crime, as people who are struggling to make ends meet may be more likely to turn to crime to support themselves or their families.
Another factor that contributes to the high crime rate in Central Falls is the city’s history of gang activity. Central Falls has a number of active gangs, which are often involved in violence and drug trafficking.
The Central Falls Police Department is working to address the city’s crime problem. The department has implemented a number of community policing initiatives, and it is working with other community organizations to develop programs to address the root causes of crime, such as poverty and lack of opportunity.
Here are some specific details about the crime rates in Central Falls:
- Violent crime rate: 3 per 1,000 residents (more than twice the state average)
- Property crime rate: 57 per 1,000 residents (slightly higher than the state average)
- Most common violent crimes: aggravated assault and robbery
- Most common property crimes: burglary and theft
It is important to note that the crime rate in Central Falls varies widely by neighborhood. Some neighbourhoods are much safer than others. It is important to do your research before moving to Central Falls to choose a neighborhood that is safe for you and your family.
If you are concerned about crime in Central Falls, there are a number of things you can do to protect yourself and your family:
- Be aware of your surroundings and take precautions to avoid becoming a victim of crime.
- Lock your doors and windows, even when you are home.
- Don’t walk alone at night, especially in unfamiliar areas.
- Report any suspicious activity to the police.
- Get involved in your community and work with other residents to make Central Falls a safer place to live.
- This City is Named As The Worst City to live in Virginia
- This City is Most Dangerous City in Kentucky State with high crime rates
- This City is Most Dangerous City in Mississippi State with high crime rates