In the general election for the New York City Council in 2023, a number of contests in moderate to purple districts located in Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx were marked by intense competition.
- In the council, Republicans sought to increase their tiny minority, whereas Democrats sought to avert a shift to the right.
- Certain elections were characterized as antagonistic, as incumbents encountered formidable challengers.
- Former Representative Lee Zeldin traveled to southern Brooklyn and the Bronx to campaign for Republican candidates.
- Preliminary results indicating the proportion of ballots cast for each candidate were disclosed for certain districts.
- Trumps 14th Amendment challenges may reach the Supreme Court
- Eric Trump denies knowing his father’s financial statements, but emails imply involvement.
- Romney claims Sinema never cares if she loses reelection because she’saved the Senate.’ Oh?