Mocobizscene- Sir Brown Jr., 24, has been apprehended by officers of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department for his involvement in the tragic killing of his girlfriend, 24-year-old Shania Shaw, which occurred on Monday.
Around 5:15 a.m. on Christmas Day, IMPD officers were dispatched to a residence in the 6600 block of East 52nd Place following a report of a disturbance involving gunshots.
According to court documents, the homeowner, who happens to be Brown Jr.’s father, approached the officers and informed them that he possessed security camera footage of the shooting incident.
According to Brown Sr., he informed the police that Brown Jr. and Shaw visited his house on Christmas Eve to leave their children there before heading out to enjoy a night of drinking in Broad Ripple.
According to court records, Shaw and Brown Jr. came back to the house at approximately 4 a.m. and engaged in a heated argument in the front yard, which lasted for about 45 minutes. Eventually, the dispute escalated into a physical altercation.
The detectives acquired search warrants to access the security footage belonging to Brown Sr. and the vehicle that Shaw and Brown Jr. were traveling in. According to court documents, law enforcement found several 9mm shell casings, car keys, and a live cartridge at the location.
The court scheduled a hearing for Brown Jr. on Thursday at 9 a.m.
If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, there are resources available to help. The Domestic Violence Network website offers a list of recommended resources that you can turn to for support and assistance.
- Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence: icadvinc.org or call the 24-hour hotline at 800-332-7385
- Indiana Coalition to End Sexual Assault and Human Trafficking: icesaht.org
- The Julian Center: www.juliancenter.org
- Indiana Child Abuse Hotline: www.in.gov; 800-800-5556
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: www.thehotline.org; 800-799-7233 or text START to 88788
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: www.rainn.org; 800-656-4673
- South LA Street Takeover Caused A Fatal Crash And Multiple Critical Injuries
- Fatal Shooting Claims Life of 32-Year-Old Man in D.C.
- DC Man Fatally Shot And Killed In Oxon Hill